-Young Reporters for the Environment Climate Diplomacy Week 2020
The end of the climate diplomacy week dialogues was a bittersweet moment. We have throughout the week understood the true meaning of comradeship. We have been invited and given an opportunity to have our say on matters that affect our future. We have had the opportunity to learn from and work with various organizations, governments, and stakeholders, formed relationships with people with the similar objective of caring for the earth and despite the restrictions the pandemic has imposed on us, became a part of a global community of leaders in climate action.
In the true spirit of Ubuntu, we have held each other as the youth, shared our realities, our fears, and our dreams. Put pen to paper and sent a kite into the universe with hopes it lands in the right hands.
Key points from youth statement
1. We affirm a Just transition were no one is left behind
2. We urge stakeholders to amplify the voices of climate vulnerable communities
3. We insist that our current model shifts towards a low and zero carbons emission circular economy.
4. Enviropreneurship should be at the forefront of climate action, to increase community empowerment and sustainable employment in the green economy
5. We insist that youth organizations are included as active partners in each step of the process.
To read the Youth statement click on the link below: